The Pat Jones Student Bursary Award 2021
Croí Laighean Credit Union is proud to recognise the talent and hard work of young people.
Our Student Services:
- Student Loans at 6.17% APR with usual flexible terms
- APP for your smartphone with free services
- Online access to your accounts
- Sort Code / BIC / IBAN to transfer money anywhere or pay bills
- People to listen
Contact us and see if we can help!
How it works
STEP 1: Apply by completing the Pat Jones Bursary Award digital application form. You will receive a PDF to your inbox, which you should submit to your school by Deadline Now Closed. Please note that in light of recent restrictions, we have extended the deadline – please contact your school for more details on their final date for submissions.
STEP 2: Each school will assess all applications received, based on the criteria for eligibility and selection. Each of the six schools will nominate three finalists to progress to the next stage by Friday, 12 February 2021.
STEP 3: All finalists will be invited to submit a short video in March 2021 as part of the next stage, which will be assessed by an independent panel.
STEP 4: The finalists will then be invited to attend the Pat Jones Bursary virtual awards evening in April 2021. Two winners will be announced on the night as the 2021 recipients of the Pat Jones Bursary Award and claim the prize of €6,000 towards their third level education.
Please note that eligible schools are divided by area and one Bursary is awarded to each area:
- Oaklands Community College Edenderry; St. Mary’s Secondary School Edenderry; St. Farnan’s Post Primary School Prosperous
- Coláiste Chiaráin Leixlip; Confey College Leixlip; Scoil Mhuire Community School Clane
What Happens Next
1. Receive a PDF copy of the completed application form to your inbox. If you are not happy, you can redo your application as many times as you wish – but please ensure to send only the final submission to your school.
2. Email the completed PDF application form to your school contact:
- Coláiste Chiaráin – firstname.lastname@example.org
- Confey Community College – email@example.com
- Oaklands Community College – firstname.lastname@example.org
- Scoil Mhuire Community College – email@example.com
- St. Farnan’s Post Primary School – firstname.lastname@example.org
- St. Mary’s Secondary School – email@example.com
3. Your school will assess all applications received and nominate three finalists to proceed to the next stages. Best of luck!
Who Can Apply
- Coláiste Chiaráin Leixlip
- Confey Community College Leixlip
- Oaklands Community College Edenderry
- Scoil Mhuire Community School Clane
- St. Farnan’s Post Primary School Prosperous
- St. Mary’s Secondary School Edenderry
Previous Winner’s Testimonials
About Pat Jones
Pat Jones Student Bursary 2021 – FAQs
Yes, all entrants must be active members of Croí Laighean Credit Union (i.e. transacting on their account) to be eligible to apply. If you are not a member, you can join Croí Laighean Credit Union by applying online here or visiting your local branch.
The original deadline for submissions was Friday, 8 January 2021. Given recent restrictions, we have extended the deadline to allow students who are moving to remote learning, to complete their applications. Please contact your school for details on their final date for submissions.
Students must submit the completed application to their school and each school will nominate three finalists to proceed to the next stage of the application process.
We will review applications, according to these 4 pillars:
Student Loan Example
A loan of €3,000 over 1 year with 12 monthly instalments costs €258 per month at a variable rate of 6% (Annual Percentage Rate (APR) 6.17%). The total amount you pay is €3,096 cost of credit is €96. Variable rates may increase which would cause the cost of credit to increase.
Terms & Conditions Apply – whilst every care has been made in the production of this information, it is for illustrative purposes only and to give you an overview of the potential cost of borrowing at Croí Laighean Credit Union. It does not constitute a loan offer.
Loans are subject to approval. Terms and conditions apply.
*APR Annual Percentage Rate
Warning: If you do not meet the repayments on your loan, your account will go into arrears. This may affect your credit rating, which may limit your ability to access credit in the future.